NFL Line Spreads – Chicago Bears vs Minnesota Vikings
The Chicago Bears are going to the Mall of America Field in Minnesota this Sunday. It is as tight as paint to the wall in the NFC North. The Bears lost the first place position to Green Bay last week because of the loss to the Seattle Seahawks. So they are looking to get back to first place in the division. The Vikings are looking for a win and a little luck to win the division. This will be a great game to watch.
The Chicago Bears are 8-4 and are in 2nd place in the NFC North behind 1st place Green Bay Packers.
The Minnesota Vikings are 8-4 and are in 3rd place in the NFC North behind 1st place Green Bay Packers.
Before you bet, get your NFL line spreads. Read this…
Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings, Sunday, Dec. 9th, 2012 1:00 P.M. EST FOX
Current line: Chicago Bears-3, Total: 30.5.
I have compiled some statistics for us to compare to the NFL lines and the spreads. Let’s figure out what we want to wager on after we look them over.
- Ranked 30th in total offense averaging 304.0 total yards per game.
- 31st in passing yardage with 181.2 yards per game.
- 10th in rushing with 122.8 yards per game.
- Ranked 5th in overall defense giving up 319.7 yards of offense per game.
- Ranked 7th in defending against the pass giving up 216.2 yards per game.
- 10th against the run giving up 103.5 yards per game.
- Ranked 22nd in total offense with 335.5 yards per game.
- 32nd in passing yardage with 180.6 yards per game.
- 2nd in rushing yards at 154.9 yards per game.
- Ranked 13th in total defense giving up 229.8 yards per game.
- 14th in defending against the pass yards giving up 210.1 yards per game.
- 15th against the run giving up 115.1 yards per game.
The Chicago Bears lost to the Seattle Seahawks 17 to 23 last week. The Bears can’t win all their games with defense. You have to score points to win. QB Jay Cutler needs to get his offense playing at a higher level. They have the receivers they just need to execute. Cutler had 233 passing yards and two touchdowns one to WR Earl Bennett and one to RB Matt Forte.
The Bears are going up against arch rival the Minnesota Vikings. If the Bears can get their receiving core in order they can win this game. Every opponent is double teaming the Bears star WR Brandon Marshall. The Bears need to get WR Devin Hester and WR Earl Bennett active in the passing game. They should be open when Marshall gets double teamed. I am expecting more from Cutler this week. He should get the ball to the other wide receivers hands and win the game.
The Minnesota Vikings lost to the Green Bay Packers 14 to 23. This was a tough loss for the Vikings. QB Christian Ponder passed for 119 yards and one touchdown to TE Kyle Rudolph. The Vikings do not see much production from their quarterback Ponder. He and their passing production are ranked last in the NFL. So, going up against the Bears don’t expect Ponder to set the world on fire. I think the Vikings fans would be happy if he would just not turn the ball over. I do not see the Vikings doing very well against such a tough defense. I have my picks.